Dethleffs manufacturer’s warranty
You will find the precise conditions for your vehicle on your warranty card.
We have summarised the key points for you:
- With the 2-year manufacturer’s warranty, if there are any deficiencies relating to the quality of your vehicle’s construction, you will have the direct right to free rectification of defects by your dealer or by Dethleffs.
- The warranty will start on the day the vehicle is handed over to you, although the warranty will automatically start 18 months after the factory ships the vehicle to the dealer at the very latest.
- You will also receive a 6-year water ingress warranty, but this requires an annual leak inspection. Please refer to the manual in the vehicle for the specific terms and conditions. The water ingress warranty solely involves specialist repair. Claims for deterioration or for refunds for faulty goods as well as travel costs or other indirect costs are excluded from this warranty.
- Warranty obligations will remain unaffected by a change in ownership. If warranty work is performed, the warranty period will not be extended.
- If the rectification of defects is inadequate, the customer will have the right to one further attempt at rectification. They will not have the right to any further claims.
- Warranty claims must always be reported to the salesperson. The factory can choose to have the defects rectified by a Dethleffs dealer or at the factory itself.
- The Dethleffs manufacturer’s warranty applies solely to the vehicle's body and fittings. Wear and tear parts, such as tyres, brakes and brake pads, batteries, upholstery and light bulbs, are excluded from the manufacturer’s warranty.
- This manufacturer’s warranty is limited to one year for commercial vehicles and rental vehicles.
- The owner must report defects to the seller in writing within 15 days.
- Dethleffs GmbH & Co. KG does not accept liability for damage to the vehicle caused deliberately or negligently by the Dethleffs dealer’s garage or for any other consequential damages.
In addition to the Dethleffs manufacturer’s warranty and water ingress warranty, an EHG extended warranty (CarWarranty) can be taken out. Please contact your Dethleffs dealer or one of our showrooms for further information.